STUDENT ENGAGEMENT OFFICER | AgCAREERSTART Project – Full Time (2-Year Contract)
- Remuneration package $80,000, commensurate with experience, plus superannuation
- Monday to Friday, flexible hours
- Applications accepted from across NSW/ACT
PIEFA is supporting a new Australian Government initiative, AgCAREERSTART. AgCAREERSTART is an agriculture sector gap year program, offering recent school leavers a structured 12-month program that includes on-farm placement, training and development and access to industry events and experiences. The program is funded by the Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment (DAWE) and is delivered by National Farmers’ Federation, in collaboration with PIEFA and other industry leaders.
We are currently seeking a Student Engagement Officer to manage PIEFA’s accountabilities for the AgCAREERSTART program.
PIEFA’s role in the AgCAREERSTART program involves coordinating with schools to promote and administer the gap year program. The Student Engagement Officer is responsible for ensuring we achieve program accountabilities and outcomes.
AgCAREERSTART is a pilot program, currently funded for 2 years.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Project management and leadership of PIEFA's role in the program
- Organising and attending meetings with key stakeholders within education and industry organisations
- Manage administrative functions of program activities
- Liaising with National Farmers Federation, Agrifutures and other providers regarding management of the project
- Be the key contact point for potential participants and schools
- Work with the broader AgCAREERSTART team to deliver promotional activities
- Engage with and assist in recruiting young Australians to participate in the program
- Finance management, ensure the resources of the project are used in accordance with the budget
- Report preparation, as per project milestones
AgCAREERSTART is a national project and will involve travelling interstate to work with stakeholders across Australia.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in education, or relevant experience in a similar position
- Experience and knowledge about the operations of schools
- Well-developed and proven project managements skills, that ensure delivery of quality outcomes to project deadlines
- High level interpersonal skills and demonstrated willingness and ability to work with, engage and build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Competence and confidence to use a range of online digital communications and IT applications, including the Microsoft suite, Google drive and social media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely, independently and in a position involving travel
- Demonstrated positive values of integrity, reliability, team-work and professionalism, consistent with PIEFA’s Vision and Mission
- Valid Working with Children’s Check
- Ability to travel interstate
The Student Engagement Officer will undertake work for the Foundation from their own premises/home as a flexible ‘work-from-home’ arrangement (must have reliable internet connectivity). Applications will be accepted and considered from across NSW/ACT.
PIEFA must adhere to strict COVID-safe practices in an effort to protect our colleagues, school students and employees, and the broader community from potential contact and transmission. It is expected that employees will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Interstate travel is a component of the role and the successful applicant must be willing and able to travel.
To apply for this position, please submit the following by email to: email@example.com
- Your resume
- Cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined above
Applications close 10pm, Wednesday 12 January 2022. Late applications will not be considered. Unsuccessful applicants may not be contacted.
The successful applicant must be available to commence in the role from late January / early February 2022.