To support all teachers and organisations who are engaged in agricultural and related education pursuits.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF AGRICULTURAL EDUCATORS
Agricultural Educators Association of Western Australia (AEAWA)
Agricultural Educators Association of Western Australia
ABN 6500 966 1700
President: Leanne Sjollema
Vice-president: Paul Jasper
Secretary: Janette Wells
Treasurer: Nicholas Harger
General Committee members: Marinda Kerferd, Matt Purser, Tim Grubba
The Agricultural Educators Association of WA helps support educators of Agriculture in schools in Western Australia.
- Teachers delivering ATAR and General Agriculture courses (Animal Production Systems and Plant Production Systems)
- Trainers delivering qualifications from training packages
- Teachers delivering year 7-10 Agriculture through Technologies curriculum
The association is also keen to expand its member base to include primary teachers using an agriculture context in science, technologies or other learning areas.
Member benefits include:
- Authorisation to use semester examinations developed by AEAWA for Year 12 students of APS and PPS
- Access to a AEAWA teacher mentor for beginning teachers
- Access to relevant resources to assist in agricultural education
- Invitation to attend agriculture-related short tours during school holiday periods
- Invitation to attend sundowner social function at the annual WACOA conference, with complimentary refreshment on arrival
- Automatic National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) membership, and invitation to attend their biennial conference
- The opportunity to attend relevant professional development events identified by the AEAWA executive at a subsidised, or fully-funded rate (note: agriculture teachers or trainers only)
The association’s AGM is held in December each year at the annual WA College of Agriculture conference
Annual AEAWA membership includes automatic National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) membership, and is payable by 31st March each year.
The association has been reactivated following a period of suspension. We are keen to hear from current and potential members about how to improve our support to members!