EDUCATION OFFICER | Farm Safety Education Project – Full Time (2-Year Contract)
- Remuneration package $90,000, commensurate with experience, plus superannuation
- Monday to Friday, flexible hours
- Applications accepted from across Australia
PIEFA is supporting a new Australian Government initiative: Improving Farm Safety Practices. This project is funded by the Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment (DAWE), through the National Farm Safety Education Fund, and in collaboration with Agricultural Shows Australia, and involves the development of secondary school-based education programs about farm safety.
We are currently seeking an Education Officer to manage PIEFA’s project accountabilities for the Farm Safety Education Project.
PIEFA’s role in the ‘Farm Safety Education Project: Improving Farm Safety Practices’ program involves producing high-school curriculum resources and delivering teacher professional development programs. The Education Officer is responsible for ensuring we achieve program accountabilities and outcomes.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Providing professional leadership and day-to-day management of PIEFA’s role in the Farm Safety Education project
- Liaising with Agricultural Shows Australia, Farmsafe Australia and other farm safety providers regarding inputs into the project
- Producing and reviewing high quality curriculum resources in line with project outcomes
- Delivering high quality teacher professional development programs
- Maintaining effective liaison with PIEFA stakeholders, in particular farmers and rural industry
- Manage administrative functions of program activities
- Finance management, ensuring the resources of the project are used in accordance with the budget
- Report preparation, as per project milestones
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in education, or relevant experience in a similar position
- Teaching experience and knowledge about the operation of schools
- Well-developed and proven project managements skills, that ensure delivery of quality outcomes to project deadlines
- Appreciation of agricultural production management and safety techniques
- Demonstrated leadership in the development and delivery of education programs
- Proven ability to develop curriculum that encompasses a project’s strategic direction
- Knowledge of national primary industries issues that may impact on PIEFA and the achievement of project objectives
- High level interpersonal skills and demonstrated willingness and ability to work with, engage and build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Competence and confidence to use a range of online digital communications and IT applications, including the Microsoft suite and Google drive
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely, independently and in a position involving travel
- Demonstrated positive values of integrity, reliability, team-work and professionalism, consistent with PIEFA’s Vision and Mission
- Valid Working with Children’s Check
- Ability to travel interstate
The Education Officer will undertake work for the Foundation from their own premises/home as a flexible ‘work-from-home’ arrangement (must have reliable internet connectivity). Applications will be accepted and considered from anywhere in Australia.
PIEFA must adhere to strict COVID-safe practices in an effort to protect our colleagues, school students and employees, and the broader community from potential contact and transmission. It is expected that employees will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Interstate travel is a component of the role and the successful applicant must be willing and able to travel.
To apply for this position, please submit the following by email to: email@example.com
- Your resume
- Cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined above
Applications close 10pm, Wednesday 12 January 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
The successful applicant must be available to commence in the role from late January / early February 2022. Unsuccessful applicants may not be contacted.